Daisy & Karl's Wedding | Italy 2017

Sunday 22nd October, the gate closes at 5:30 am, its time to fly to Italy!

All year round I've been waiting for this trip. I've wanted to visit Italy my whole life, it's always been a dream of mine to see the country and eat true Italian pizza. Now I get to experience it in style and witness Daisy and Karl get married.

Arrival time, 9:30 am in Naples, its time to head to Vico Equense (a town just outside of Sorrento) we were picked up in a luxurious Mercedes taxi that I had pre-booked, felt like a right celebrity. On route to the town of Vico Equense, starring out the window and taking in the scenery, passing Pompeii speeding down the Italian motorway, we arrive!

Walking up to the Air B&B, dumping our luggage and having a nose around the place, it was beautiful! 3 lovely size bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a massive lounge/ dining area and a quaint little kitchen. rest assured we were in good hands for the week.

Arriving at the villa, T's sister was there to great us, and so was her hangover. she showed us around and took us to our favourite part, the balcony! Then showing us the roof top, which held a space for sun lounging, a pizza oven/ BBQ area and even and outdoor shower, which looked like something you would see in Bali.




We had a lovely first few days in Italy, we visited Sorrento town with the whole wedding party, searched high and low for the perfect limoncello and sat in Sorrento square drinking white wine until the sun went down. It was the perfect day.


Beautiful Church in Sorrento Town
Sorrento Square




Jumpers we lived in the entire trip!


That evening Daisy came to the villa, sharing her wedding jitters she was pretty emotional, as we all were. We all danced the night away, as the limoncello was perfectly assembled, dresses were steamed and all wedding preparation was finalised.

Tuesday 24th October, today is the day. The morning of the wedding was tearful and emotional, but beautiful all at the same time. Daisy looked stunning and totally stole the show, I mean it was her wedding...

I opted for a cream blazer, powder blue shirt and navy trousers with brown grained leather loafers.
Pulled together with tortoiseshell sunglasses for the ultimate summer wedding vibes!

Me & the Mrs scrub up pretty well. 
Very Italian, holding a meatball orderve. 

Like mother like daughter, both stunning!
As the sun shone brightly over the aisle and chairs, everyone looking dapper and stylish the ceremony started. One foot in front of the other Daisy strutted down that aisle looking a million dollars! Soon after that came the orderves, the best part DUH! For someone who doesn't drink somehow I managed to drink 4 glasses of prosecco in the next hour, it set the tone for the rest of the evening.

Evidence number 1...
The golden hour kicked in, the sunset was upon us. It was out of this world beautiful, it was beaming onto everyone, the grounds of the wedding venue looked stunning. It was the perfect backdrop for the wedding pictures.




The newly wed's walked down the stairs into the dining area with applauds and smiles everywhere, it was magical. We sat down for the meal and had the most beautiful 3 course dinner. Ravioli, Steak and wedding cake. It was delicious, and so was the wine...





It was time to party, song after song I was dancing, smoking and drinking having the best night ever. It was a brilliant day followed by a brilliant evening. Wine after wine, the night soon came to an end, which broke my heart into a trillion, I'd waited for this day which seemed like forever and it was now over, we stumbled back to the villa and I headed to bed. I didn't get as much sleep in my bed as I would have liked as I spent most of the night resting my head on the toilet. But safe to say, it was perfect, I wouldn't change a single moment. 

Daisy and Karl are suited to the ground in every way, congratulations to the pair of you, and thank you for making my Italian dreams come true.





Check out my Instagram for pictures whilst I was in Italy - www.instagram.com/ryanarthurlloyd








Comments

Popular Posts